Men Explain Things To Me

by Rebecca Solnit | Nonfiction |
Registered by wingechodewing of Seattle, Washington USA on 8/6/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingechodewing from Seattle, Washington USA on Thursday, August 06, 2020
received from volunteering at "Friends of [redacted] Public Library"

Journal Entry 2 by wingechodewing at Seattle, Washington USA on Friday, January 15, 2021
With a title like that, the rest of the cover doesn't need much fanfare. I believe I may have even LOL'd when I saw it, but, given my Women's Studies courses and my 2nd class citizen status in "Manistan", I knew rape & murder would be at the crux of these essays.
This is not an easy read. I could have done w/o the interruptions to the cadence by Solnit having to appease the not-all-men crowd, and the stats may seem like Feminism has hardly made any inroads, but the fact that we can't possibly publish the progress faster than they are actually happening around the world has to mean something, right? I remain hopeful, in no small part due to the current generation refusing to backslide.

Journal Entry 3 by wingechodewing at Wishlist Tag Game , A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (1/19/2021 UTC) at Wishlist Tag Game , A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

On its way to ReallyBookish, tagged from the USA & Canada Wishlist Tag Game 2021 .
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by wingReallyBookishwing at Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, January 27, 2021
Received safely today. Thank you so much! Thanks, too, for the adorable little greeting card. :)