What We Talk About When We Talk About Anne Frank

Little Free Library USA
by Nathan Englander | Nonfiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingEEastgate_OBCZwing of Boise, Idaho USA on 3/6/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingEEastgate_OBCZwing from Boise, Idaho USA on Saturday, March 06, 2021
About the Book:
The title story, inspired by Raymond Carver’s masterpiece, is a provocative portrait of two marriages in which the Holocaust is played out as a devastating parlor game. In the outlandishly dark “Camp Sundown” vigilante justice is undertaken by a group of geriatric campers in a bucolic summer enclave. “Free Fruit for Young Widows” is a small, sharp study in evil, lovingly told by a father to a son. “Sister Hills” chronicles the history of Israel’s settlements from the eve of the Yom Kippur War through the present, a political fable constructed around the tale of two mothers who strike a terrible bargain to save a child. Marking a return to two of Englander’s classic themes, “Peep Show” and “How We Avenged the Blums” wrestle with sexual longing and ingenuity in the face of adversity and peril. And “Everything I Know About My Family on My Mother’s Side” is suffused with an intimacy and tenderness that break new ground for a writer who seems constantly to be expanding the parameters of what he can achieve in the short form.

Journal Entry 2 by wingEEastgate_OBCZwing at Little Free Library - E Eastgate Drive in Boise, Idaho USA on Saturday, March 06, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (3/6/2021 UTC) at Little Free Library - E Eastgate Drive in Boise, Idaho USA

Congratulations on catching this wild release!

BookCrossing is the act of sending your books out into the world, and tracking their journeys. BookCrossing.com is the website that makes this possible: book lovers share their own books (or books that they have bought second hand, or have gotten from friends) with people they have never met, by leaving them where others can find them.

Each book gets a permanent and unique number of its own, called a BCID (BookCrossing IDentification). If someone finds the book and decides to make a journal entry through this website, everyone who has ever journaled that book gets a message by E-mail and finds out where the book has traveled.

How is it done?
The "4 Rs" of BookCrossing: Read... Ready... Release... Repeat!

* Read a book. (Well, okay, you don't actually have to read it; just grab a book, any book.)
* Get it Ready to go: If unregistered, register it. If registered, journal it.
* Release it.
* Repeat with enthusiasm!

Remember the R's and recycle your books through reading and releasing. Sustainable literature -- what a concept!

If you have found a BookCrossing book, welcome! If you are a new member I hope you will use me as your referring member EEastgate_OBCZ

Welcome to BookCrossing.