Isaac's Storm

by Erik Larson | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 6/20/2020
Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, June 20, 2020
This is not an ordinary book: it's a BookCrossing book! BookCrossing books are world travelers - they like to have adventures and make new friends...and with your help, they can even write home to say what they've been doing! (You may remain anonymous if you wish.)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Hardcover with dust jacket; Erik Larson always tells a fascinating story.

Other copies on my BookCrossing shelf: 6884710 13605216

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, June 21, 2020

Released 5 mos ago (6/20/2020 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Saturday, June 20, 2020: off to Pennsylvania via media mail.

USPS tracking 9549 0104 3301 0172 7779 45
ETA 7/11

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book! Won't you make a journal entry so the previous readers know that it's safe with you?

This is now your book, for you to do with as you please: keep it as long as you wish, pass it to a friend, or maybe even leave it where someone else can find it!

If you've ever wondered where your books go after they leave your hands, join BookCrossing and you may find out: you'll be able to follow your books as new readers make journal entries - sometimes from surprisingly far-flung locations.

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!

Journal Entry 3 by wingReallyBookishwing at Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, July 28, 2020
The books arrived safely. Thank you so much! Thank you, too, for the cable needles. I will definitely put them to good use!

Journal Entry 4 by wingReallyBookishwing at Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, October 24, 2020
This was very good! The portions on the hurricane itself and its aftermath were for me the most compelling. The first section, about the lead-up to the storm, was not quite as interesting to me, since it included topics such as the atmospheric conditions which produce powerful hurricanes, etc. My main interest was in how the residents of Galveston experienced the storm.

The topic is difficult at times, due to the loss of life and the destruction of property and livelihoods. My understanding is that this storm remains the deadliest natural disaster in U.S. history. It can be awe-inspiring, albeit quite sad, to consider the destructive power of the natural world.

Journal Entry 5 by wingReallyBookishwing at Heritage Center Little Free Library in Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (10/27/2020 UTC) at Heritage Center Little Free Library in Furlong, Pennsylvania USA

I hope the finder enjoys the book!