The Secret Guests

by Benjamin Black | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingshawing of San Diego, California USA on 6/16/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingshawing from San Diego, California USA on Tuesday, June 16, 2020
from my neighbor Annina

Journal Entry 2 by wingshawing at San Diego, California USA on Friday, September 04, 2020
Story line showed great promise, turned out to be very disappointing

The following synopsis is from Amazon:

It is 1940 and the bombs are falling thick and fast on London. The royal family must do all they can to assure the British public of their solidarity. But what of the two young princesses - Elizabeth and Margaret? How can they be kept safe without jeopardising morale in the capital?

Meanwhile Celia Nashe is delighted when she finally gets her long-awaited transfer to MI5. But whatever she was expecting of her mission for the war effort, it wasn't this. A crumbling castle in remote, rural Ireland, playing nursemaid to two pampered young girls.

But her posting soon turns out to be very far from tame. Questions are being asked by the locals about the identities of Celia's secret charges. And when a dead body turns up at the castle gates, it will take every effort to uncover the truth, and to stop it from coming to light.

Journal Entry 3 by wingshawing at Little Free Library Kensington East in San Diego, California USA on Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (9/23/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library Kensington East in San Diego, California USA

3 a wk challenge

Congratulations - You've found a free book !

Enjoy your book!

(If you decide to join Bookcrossing, please consider putting me, sha, as your referring member - thanks!)