The Green Road

by Anne Enright | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Bjorg of Reykjavík, Reykjavík (Höfuðborgar svæðið) Iceland on 6/7/2020
Journal Entry 1 by Bjorg from Reykjavík, Reykjavík (Höfuðborgar svæðið) Iceland on Sunday, June 07, 2020
Hanna, Dan, Constance and Emmet return to the west coast of Ireland for a final family Christmas in the home their mother is about to sell. As the feast turns to near painful comedy, a last, desperate act from Rosaleen - a woman who doesn´t quite know how to love her children - forces them to confront the weight of family ties and the road to that brought them home.

Journal Entry 2 by Bjorg at Lower Selwyn Huts, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, September 08, 2020

Released 7 mos ago (9/9/2020 UTC) at Lower Selwyn Huts, Canterbury New Zealand

Congratulations :) you won the colour sweepstake :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingEdwardstreetwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Tuesday, October 06, 2020
Had a wonderful trip to my Post Office today - three books!
I really have enjoyed books by this author in the past so this will no doubt be equally good

Journal Entry 4 by wingEdwardstreetwing at Ministry of Education in Lower Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand on Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Released 5 mos ago (11/11/2020 UTC) at Ministry of Education in Lower Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand

I like Anne Enright’s writing. In this book she captured family life very well. I come from a large family and we too try to get together and be pleasant to each other but as we get older we are such different people. I love them but I struggle to like them.
But when things go bad, I am thankful we are all there for each other.

Taking to the Dec 2020 meetup

Journal Entry 6 by fee19 at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Tuesday, February 09, 2021
Picked up at the Wellington Bookcrossers Meetup at Duke Bar on 2 February 2021.

I've read this before, so will release it immediately.

Journal Entry 7 by fee19 at Paraparaumu Train Station in Paraparaumu, Wellington Province New Zealand on Tuesday, February 09, 2021

Released 2 mos ago (2/10/2021 UTC) at Paraparaumu Train Station in Paraparaumu, Wellington Province New Zealand

Left on the shelf next to the Ticket Office.