We Begin Our Ascent

by Joe Mungo Reed | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 150116922X Global Overview for this book
Registered by Matty of Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on 6/3/2020
Journal Entry 1 by Matty from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Wednesday, June 03, 2020

Sol and Liz are a couple on the cusp. He’s a professional cyclist in the Tour de France, a workhorse, but not yet a star. She’s a geneticist on the brink of a major discovery, either that or a loss of funding. They’ve just welcomed their first child into the world, and their bright future lies just before them—if only they can reach out and grab it.

But as Liz’s research slows, as Sol starts doping, their dreams grow murkier and the risks graver. Over the whirlwind course of the Tour, they enter the orbit of an extraordinary cast of conmen and aspirants, and the young family is brought ineluctably into the depths of an illegal drug smuggling operation. As Liz and Sol flounder to discern right from wrong, up from down, they are forced to decide: What is it we’re striving for? And what is it worth?”

Journal Entry 2 by Matty at Crescent Drive Park in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Wednesday, June 03, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (6/5/2020 UTC) at Crescent Drive Park in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

I’ll bring this book to our socially distant meetup. If no one takes it, I’ll leave it somewhere for the next reader to find.

Journal Entry 3 by Pooker3 at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Friday, June 05, 2020
This sounded interesting, so I grabbed it. Thanks Matty!