Slow Dancing at Sunrise

by Jo McNally | Romance |
Registered by wingAramenawing of Noble, Oklahoma USA on 6/24/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingAramenawing from Noble, Oklahoma USA on Wednesday, June 24, 2020
Halfway through this book I already knew it was going to be a five star read.

After losing her job under very trying circumstances, Whitney is taking temporary refuge at her Aunt Helen's winery, but is shocked to see the shabby state of the place. Uncle Tony passed away a couple of years ago, and the winery seems to have gone downhill since then. And Whitney is sure that the hired hand, Luke, is taking advantage of her aunt. So of course from their first meeting she and Luke clash, and clash hard.

I loved Whitney, and Luke, and Helen. Helen and her book club group of friends set out on a hilarious matchmaking scheme, trying to find dates for Whitney in hopes that she'll fall in love and make Rendezvous Falls her permanent home. It never occurs to them that she will fall for Luke, since those two obviously do not get along. They must not read a lot of romance novels in their book club!

It's always refreshing to not have a hero who is rich and successful. In addition to shouldering the burden of running the winery after Helen checked out in her grief over losing Tony, Luke works a second job as a bartender in order to pay rent to Helen for his apartment over the tasting room. Whitney puts her accounting skills to the test and begins going over the winery's messy finances, and when she discovers Luke's solution to how to pay the bills, I was a bit horrified and admiring at the same time. Not to mention very amused.

Once they finally give in to attraction, there was steam coming off the pages, very well written steam, without being crass or too graphic. The whole book is just delightful.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAramenawing at Noble, Oklahoma USA on Wednesday, June 24, 2020
I'm expecting rhythmbiscuit's First Sentence Wrap It Up Book Box soon, and will be putting this one in the box.

Journal Entry 3 by wingheartthumperwing at Hutchinson, Kansas USA on Thursday, October 29, 2020
Chosen from rhythmbiscuit's First Sentence Wrap-It-Up Bookbox, Round Two.

Journal Entry 4 by wingheartthumperwing at Hutchinson, Kansas USA on Wednesday, April 14, 2021
What a fun read! Loved that this couple was at such odds. And the little old book club matchmakers! What a Hoot! Really enjoyed it!

Journal Entry 5 by wingheartthumperwing at Clanton, Alabama USA on Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Released 2 yrs ago (4/20/2021 UTC) at Clanton, Alabama USA

Off to bamaforever. She needs more books and I need less. LOL!!! Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 6 by bamaforever at Clanton, Alabama USA on Saturday, May 29, 2021
Oh this sounds cute! Thanks for including it in the box of books!

Journal Entry 7 by bamaforever at Exchange/Trade, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Released 3 mos ago (1/12/2024 UTC) at Exchange/Trade, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

I'm a very special book. I'm traveling the world in search of new friends. I hope I have found one in you. If you are my new owner please make a brief journal entry with my BCID number. You can read and release me for a new friend to read or keep me. It's your choice!

If you are new to bookcrossing and want to join please consider listing bamaforever as your referral. Welcome to bookcrossing!

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 8 by tabby-cat-owner at Bellingham, Washington USA on Wednesday, January 24, 2024
I received this book from bamaforever of Alabama for the Twelve Days of Christmas exchange for the ninth day, nine ladies dancing.

Thank you bamaforever.

Released 1 mo ago (3/4/2024 UTC) at Little Free Library, Knox Ave and 13th St in Bellingham, Washington USA

This book was left in the Little Free Library. It was released for the 2024 4 Elements release challenge and KarmelK's Celebrate the Irish release challenge. (McNally is an Irish surname.)