Exile

by Denise Mina | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingearthcaroleannewing of Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on 5/30/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingearthcaroleannewing from Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, May 30, 2020
Welcome to BookCrossing!

Thank you for picking up this book. If you’re new to BookCrossing and find this book and this site (www.bookcrossing.com), please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join.

I hope you'll join BookCrossing (doesn't cost anything to join!) and if you do, please consider using me, earthcaroleanne, as your referring member. When you’ve finished reading this book and are ready to send it on its way again, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or a release note if you are leaving it “in the wild” again for anyone to catch. Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e mail each time someone makes another journal entry. And it’s confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.

Happy BookCrossings!

Journal Entry 2 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, May 30, 2020
The last time Maureen O'Donnell saw Ann Harris, she was in the Glasgow Women's Shelter smelling of a long binge on cheap drink. A month later Ann's mutilated body, stitched into a mattress, is washed up on the banks of the Thames. No-one, except for Maureen and her best mate, Leslie, seems to care about what has happened to her, and Maureen is the only person who thinks Ann's husband is innocent. But trying to solve Ann's murder comes as light relief. Maureen's father is back in Glasgow, Leslie is sloping about like a nervous spy, and then there's Agnes, Maureen's old therapist, who's twice as bright as she is and making her play a dangerous game with the police. In the long tradition of Scots in trouble, Maureen runs away to London. Looking for answers to the mystery surrounding Ann's death, she becomes embroiled in a seedy world of deceit adn violence. Alone in a strange city, Maureen starts to piece together Ann's final days. But time is not on her side and Maureen needs just twelve hours, just twleve, to put things right, and she doesn't care what it costs.

Released 1 mo ago (5/30/2020 UTC) at Wild released around Falkirk in Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom

Life is a little unusual at the moment because we are all in lockdown due to coronavirus. So I’m putting a box of books outside at the bottom of my drive for anyone walking past on their daily exercise.

I've ended up with two copies of this so I will review when I read the other one.