The View from Stalin's Head

by AARON HAMBURGER | Gay & Lesbian | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingkirjakkowing of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 5/22/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingkirjakkowing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, May 22, 2020
Picked this up from Kamppi exchange shelf on my way to the yearly visit with my ophthalmologist. It is a good sign I SAW the book, isn't it? The doc will make me blurry-eyed for a few hours, so I decided to register this while waiting. I've been to Prague twice and it is a beautiful city.

Journal Entry 2 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, January 24, 2021
Not quite the book I wished it to be, or were there no normal foreigners living in Prague? The fact about the sculpturer of Stalin's statue was true - he never wanted to do it in the first place, but not taking part in the competition over who gets to do it would have meant trouble from the officials. So he committed suicide, like the book tells. Don't know if the fate of the model and the truck-driver were true.
I finished reading at that chapter.

Journal Entry 3 by wingkirjakkowing at Vuorimiehenpuistikko in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, January 24, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (1/24/2021 UTC) at Vuorimiehenpuistikko in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Left on the railing of the old kiosk, during summers the terrace of Sea Horse. It faces the wrong direction, otherwise it could look over the cliffs to the Russian Embassy, closest thing to Stalin's head in Helsinki...