Advantage Miss Seeton (Miss Seeton #7)

by Hamilton Crane | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 6/25/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, June 25, 2021
Miss Seeton's summer outing to a tennis match serves up more than expected when Britain's up-and-coming female tennis star is hounded by death threats. The girl's father, stern Judge Thumper, seems to have provoked one of the miscreants passing before his bench -- and the target of the ex-convict's wrath is the athletic Miss Thumper. The police are counting on Miss Seeton to unravel some baffling clues before victory goes to the villain ... game, set, and match.

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, September 12, 2021
I know this series has had various writers since Heron Carvic's death. My cover says it's by Hamilton Crane, Sarah J. Mason's pseudonym, googling it says it's by Peter Martin aka Hampton Charles (as it says here!). Carvic & Crane's books I've enjoyed so maybe it's the change in author that, in my opinion, has given it a slightly different feel. However, it passes the time easily enough & has it's moments but of the ones I've read it's the poorest.

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at RABCK, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Friday, September 17, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (9/17/2021 UTC) at RABCK, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

On it's way to Nu-knees....

Journal Entry 4 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, September 20, 2021
Waking to the postman knocking the door with a book parcel is a lovely way to start the day and on a Monday morning it's a lovely way to start the week! Thanks, plum, for this very welcome surprise. Half a dozen mysteries that I haven't read - can't be bad!
Having read several Miss Seeton books by various HC authors, I was very interested in your comments - and how strange that the cover I have in my hand right now says it by Hamilton Crane while the one that appears above says Hampton Charles, the artwork being the otherwise exactly the same! Weirder and weirder . . .
Miss Seeton Draws the Line
Picture Miss Seeton.
Miss Seeton Cracks the Case
Hands Up, Miss Seeton

Journal Entry 5 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, October 3, 2021
Good fun! Maybe not one of the best but entertaining nonsense anyway!
Thanks again, plum :-)

Released 1 wk ago (10/15/2021 UTC) at Phone Box Book Exchange ☎️ in Langthorpe, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

Left with the other books in this phone box while swapping books on a tour of book exchanges in the sunshine this afternoon!

Nearly two million people around the world give their books a unique BookCrossing IDentity number (BCID) before sending them out to find new readers. Since the start of the scheme in April 2001 over thirteen million such books have been put into circulation. This is one of them!

Our hope is that we can track the progress of our books once they've left our hands - and that's possible if finders like you visit the website, key in the BCID and leave a comment, however long or short. It's fun, it doesn't have to cost anything, although the site always appreciates donations towards running costs, and you can remain anonymous if you wish. You don't have to join but if you do you'll be able to number and track your own books!