The Lost Man

by Jane Harper | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingkiki66wing of Gauting, Bayern Germany on 5/7/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingkiki66wing from Gauting, Bayern Germany on Thursday, May 07, 2020
He had started to remove his clothes as logic had deserted him, and his skin was cracked. Whatever had been going through Cameron's mind when he was alive, he didn't look peaceful in death.

Two brothers meet at the remote border of their vast cattle properties under the unrelenting sun of the outback. In an isolated part of Australia, they are each other's nearest neighbour, their homes hours apart.

They are at the stockman's grave, a landmark so old that no one can remember who is buried there. But today, the scant shadow it casts was the last hope for their middle brother, Cameron. The Bright family's quiet existence is thrown into grief and anguish.

Something had been troubling Cameron. Did he choose to walk to his death? Because if he didn't, the isolation of the outback leaves few suspects...

Journal Entry 2 by wingkiki66wing at Gauting, Bayern Germany on Thursday, May 07, 2020
My third novel by Jane Harper. I really like her way of writing. Again I felt the heat on my face and the grit between my teeth..
I haven't had a clue "whodunit".. My suspects were varied and widely spread 😉
I liked the way the story slowly unfolded and more and more came together until the end all was said and done and it was the only way..

Journal Entry 3 by wingkiki66wing at Gauting, Bayern Germany on Sunday, May 10, 2020
Participants so far:
1. Icila (F/int)
2. sedna5213 (D/ EU)
3. dutch-book (NL/int)
4. greenbadger (UK/EU)
5. Paulanni (FIN/EU)
6. penelopewanders (CH/EU)

Journal Entry 4 by wingkiki66wing at Gauting, Bayern Germany on Thursday, May 14, 2020
The Lost Man went to France on May 13th.. hope he won't get lost ;-)

Journal Entry 5 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Thursday, May 28, 2020
The book is with me ! Thank you kiki, for the beautiful magnetic mark page and the BC label too. I'm very looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 6 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Thursday, June 04, 2020
I couldn't write better than you kiki, I completely agree with your comment.
Thank you for sharing.

Journal Entry 7 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (6/16/2020 UTC) at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France

On its way to sedna5213. Whishing the Lost Man a safe journey there. Bonne lecture !

Journal Entry 8 by wingsedna5213wing at Charlottenburg, Berlin Germany on Saturday, June 27, 2020
The Lost Man found his way to Berlin. Thanks a lot for sending it over Icila and kiki66 for sharing. The book will be read soon.

***
Once again a great book by Jane Harper! She certainly has a gift to create athmospheric settings.

Journal Entry 9 by wingsedna5213wing at Charlottenburg, Berlin Germany on Thursday, July 16, 2020

Released 2 wks ago (7/16/2020 UTC) at Charlottenburg, Berlin Germany

The book is travelling again. Enjoy the read dutch-book!

Journal Entry 10 by dutch-book at Heerenveen, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Friday, July 24, 2020
This book arrived yesterday. Will be read shortly and send on.