Every Note Played

by Lisa Genova | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Bjorg of Reykjavík, Reykjavík (Höfuðborgar svæðið) Iceland on 5/4/2020
Journal Entry 1 by Bjorg from Reykjavík, Reykjavík (Höfuðborgar svæðið) Iceland on Monday, May 04, 2020
An accomplished concert pianist, Richard has already suffered many losses in his life: an acrimonious divorce from his ex-wife, Karina; estrangement of his daughter, Grace; and now, a devastating diagnosis. Motor neuron disease. The relentlessly progressive paralysis begins in the cruellest way possible - in his hands. As Richard becomes more and more locked inside his body and can no longer play piano or live on his own, Karina steps in as his reluctant caregiver.
Paralysed in a different way, Karina is trapped within a prison of excuses and blame, stuck in an unfulfilling life as and after-school piano teacher, afraid to pursue the path she abandoned as a young woman. As Richard´s muscles, voice and breath fade, the two struggle to reconcile their past before it´s too late.

Just loved this book like all the books I have read by Lisa Genova so far. This book is so well written and it´s so realistic which is no wonder as she is educated in this field. I have worked with a few clients over the years who have ALS so many things in this book is very familiar. I kept thinking about this book for days once I had finished it.

Journal Entry 2 by Bjorg at Graz, Steiermark Austria on Tuesday, October 06, 2020

Released 4 mos ago (10/7/2020 UTC) at Graz, Steiermark Austria

Happy birthday :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingchrissiniwing at Graz, Steiermark Austria on Friday, October 23, 2020
I literally can't wait to read this book (already preparing a cup of tea to sit down with in a minute for a nice session of reading, hehe) that reached me along with another book and more great things. So kind of you, thank you so much! :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingchrissiniwing at Graz, Steiermark Austria on Monday, October 26, 2020
The book was good but to be honest I wasn't overly impressed by it. I do think that this is a case of having too high expectations, though. :D
While reading I felt that it was a bit long in the beginning and too short in the end but all in all I think it was just right. What a heartbreaking story!

Journal Entry 5 by wingchrissiniwing at Bücherregal Shopping Nord in Graz, Steiermark Austria on Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Released 2 mos ago (12/22/2020 UTC) at Bücherregal Shopping Nord in Graz, Steiermark Austria

Have a good journey, dear book!