The Secret Life of Fat: The Science Behind the Body's Least Understood Organ and What It Means for You

by Sylvia Tara | Health, Mind & Body | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 1911274015 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingEEastgate_OBCZwing of Boise, Idaho USA on 1/27/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingEEastgate_OBCZwing from Boise, Idaho USA on Wednesday, January 27, 2021
About the Book:
Fat is an obsession, a dirty word, a subject of national handwringing—and, according to biochemist Sylvia Tara, the least-understood part of our body.

You may not love your fat, but your body certainly does. In fact, your body is actually endowed with many self-defense measures to hold on to fat. For example, fat can use stem cells to regenerate; increase our appetite if it feels threatened; and use bacteria, genetics, and viruses to expand itself. The secret to losing twenty pounds? You have to work with your fat, not against it. Tara explains how your fat influences your appetite and willpower, how it defends itself when attacked, and why it grows back so quickly. The Secret Life of Fat brings cutting-edge research together with historical perspectives to reveal fat’s true identity: an endocrine organ that, in the right amount, is critical to our health. Fat triggers puberty, enables our reproductive and immune systems, and even affects brain size.

Although we spend $60 billion annually fighting fat, our efforts are often misinformed and misdirected.

Journal Entry 2 by wingEEastgate_OBCZwing at Little Free Library - E Eastgate Drive in Boise, Idaho USA on Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (1/27/2021 UTC) at Little Free Library - E Eastgate Drive in Boise, Idaho USA

Congratulations on catching this wild release!

BookCrossing is the act of sending your books out into the world, and tracking their journeys. BookCrossing.com is the website that makes this possible: book lovers share their own books (or books that they have bought second hand, or have gotten from friends) with people they have never met, by leaving them where others can find them.

Each book gets a permanent and unique number of its own, called a BCID (BookCrossing IDentification). If someone finds the book and decides to make a journal entry through this website, everyone who has ever journaled that book gets a message by E-mail and finds out where the book has traveled.

How is it done?
The "4 Rs" of BookCrossing: Read... Ready... Release... Repeat!

* Read a book. (Well, okay, you don't actually have to read it; just grab a book, any book.)
* Get it Ready to go: If unregistered, register it. If registered, journal it.
* Release it.
* Repeat with enthusiasm!

Remember the R's and recycle your books through reading and releasing. Sustainable literature -- what a concept!

If you have found a BookCrossing book, welcome! If you are a new member I hope you will use me as your referring member EEastgate_OBCZ

Welcome to BookCrossing.