Scary Godmother

by Jill Thompson | Graphic Novels |
Registered by wingnimrodielwing of Evanston, Illinois USA on 8/16/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingnimrodielwing from Evanston, Illinois USA on Sunday, August 16, 2020
With the cost of shipping, it made more sense to pick a few favorite graphic novels from better world books and have them sent to you. This is drawn by a local Chicago illustrator who worked on the Sandman comics for Vertigo in the 1990's. She's one of my favorite comic book artists, and this story just tickles my fancy. This collection includes all the comics and children's books with Scary Godmother and Hannah Marie and their friends. Enjoy reading!

Journal Entry 2 by wingnimrodielwing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Sunday, August 16, 2020

Released 8 mos ago (8/16/2020 UTC) at Evanston, Illinois USA

This is traveling to the winner of the August 2020 Manga and graphic novel sweeps via better world books.

Journal Entry 3 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Wednesday, October 07, 2020
Thank you ever so much for the very generous book package! It arrived a good while ago and my overworked brain forgot just about everything that had happened during the summer..but I'm finally on holiday, and the time to label and enjoy the books is finally here! I have to admit I secretly love Halloween, so this looks absolutely perfect for the season...

Journal Entry 4 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Wednesday, December 02, 2020
Oh my goodness, I've become such a fan while reading the book! I absolutely LOVE Scary Godmother and all the creatures of the Fright Side! The only thing that distracted me was how little Hannah Marie appeared to grow between the years... The amount of details on the pages make you want to read the pages again and again, just to see what little critters or expressions you might find on next round. Harry's sheep shirt! Hannah Marie's dog! Every monster's toes and ways of movement seem so unique that it'd interesting to see the animations. If only there was an adult version of Scary Godmother, so she could be more scary and outrageous...

Journal Entry 5 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (2/24/2021 UTC) at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

Scary Godmother's taking a little skiing holiday (that's a thing in Finland) trip to meet with a new reader! I'm sure she'll make new friends!

Journal Entry 6 by wingMecuwing at Hämeenlinna, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Saturday, February 27, 2021
Pippis was offering this book on the Finnish forum, and it caught my attention. I didn't quite expect this big book but I don't mind. Thanks!

Journal Entry 7 by wingMecuwing at Hämeenlinna, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Tuesday, April 13, 2021
What a delightful book this was, not at all scary! It took me a while to read until I noticed that the story is written in rhyme. :D

Journal Entry 8 by wingMecuwing at a fellow bookcrosser, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Released 1 wk ago (4/13/2021 UTC) at a fellow bookcrosser, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases

Onnittelut! Olet löytänyt ilmaisen ja vapaan kirjan, joka etsii uusia lukijoita. Mukavaa että tulit tänne netin puolelle katsomaan kirjan aikaisempia vaiheita. Tässä voit kertoa, mistä kirjan löysit ja mitä siitä pidit. Luettuasi vapauta kirja uudestaan toisten löydettäväksi. Hyviä lukuhetkiä!

Journal Entry 9 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, April 17, 2021
Wow, this looks fantastic – cat and all! Antsupantsu will likely read this, too. Thank you!