Duplicate Death

by Georgette Heyer | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Paulanni of Riihimäki, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on 5/8/2020
Journal Entry 1 by Paulanni from Riihimäki, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Friday, May 08, 2020
"Just a friendly game of cards - but death was the dealer.
The game was Duplicate Bridge - and it led to a double murder. Both victims were strangled by the same method: a tourniquet of ordinary picture wire producing death by asphyxiation. Very neat.

But were these identically contrived crimes done by the same hand? With the killer holding all the cards, Inspector Hemingway couldn't afford to miss a trick..."
(from back cover)

Inspector Hemingway series #3.

Journal Entry 2 by Paulanni at Riihimäki, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Friday, September 11, 2020
I picked this book from a sale of old library books at my local library, and it shows signs of being well read. It is written by Georgette Heyer, a prolific writer of historical romance and mysteries.

The book is ready to go to kirjakko. I tagged her at the International Wishlist Tag game, a long while ago, and finally the book gets going.

Journal Entry 3 by Paulanni at Riihimäki, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (9/16/2020 UTC) at Riihimäki, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland

I will post the book tomorrow. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, September 21, 2020
The book arrived with loads of BC-stickers and labels, which are much appreciated.