Lab Girl

by Hope Jahren | Science | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingSqNutZipswing of Silver Spring, Maryland USA on 4/17/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingSqNutZipswing from Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Friday, April 17, 2020
Memoir of a modern scientist/paleobiologist.

Forum post last week for Books being read Social distancing during the Corona Virus pandemic.

A fellow BC'er asked my impression of this book, she had it on her TBR pile. see my entry of April 13, 2020 below.
This is a short and easy book to read. However, it's not what I expected, but then I wasn't sure what I was expecting? I'm about 60pages in. So far I enjoy Jahren's writing about having favorite trees in her life, about tree seeds and their fight for survival from pre-historic times to now. And about how she decided to become a scientist. The botany/paleobiology stuff is interesting and on a good level to understand.

Planning to read and to finish this book during the 2020 BookCrossing 24 hour Readathon which is tomorrow Saturday April 18.

I did finish the book today as planned. My take away from this book is plant a tree 💜 love a tree. 😊 And of course being a scientist isn't easy, it's a calling.