Darkover Landfall

by Marion Zimmer Bradley | Science Fiction & Fantasy | This book has not been rated.
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 3/31/2020
Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, March 31, 2020
This is not an ordinary book: it's a BookCrossing book! BookCrossing books are world travelers - they like to have adventures and make new friends...and with your help, they can even write home to say what they've been doing! (You may remain anonymous if you wish.)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

From croyd's stash. Cover art by George Barr.

Marion Zimmer Bradley was an influential woman science fiction writer, but unfortunately she's one of the artists whose body of work has been tainted by allegations of child sexual abuse revealed by her daughter long after the author's death.

I realize it's not Darkover's fault that its creator was so flawed, but Bradley is on my list of artists whose works I won't spend money on any more*; I'm significantly less likely to read her stuff as well. :s

*Apparently proceeds from her digital back list are donated to Save the Children.

~ · ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ · ~

Themes for the first quarter re-do of Secretariat's 2020 Never Judge a Book By Its Cover Challenge

Week 1: double letters in title
Week 6: red
Week 9: L,V,X,Z authors (Marion ZIMMER Bradley)

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Little Free Library #89210 - Kaimuki (10th Ave) in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (4/1/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library #89210 - Kaimuki (10th Ave) in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Tuesday, March 31, 2020: fortuitously discovered this lovely LFL while on a walk in the neighborhood; I'll be back again. :D

(Zoomable photo here.)

Guidelines for safely visiting and stocking Little Free Libraries from the LFL site here.

Released for Secretariat's 2020 NJABBIC challenge (first quarter re-do), Secretariat's Oh, the Places We Can Go challenge, Firegirl's 4 Elements Challenge, and Davros-10's 2020 Science Fiction Challenge.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book! Won't you make a journal entry so the previous readers know that it's safe with you?

This is now your book, for you to do with as you please: keep it as long as you wish, pass it to a friend, or maybe even leave it where someone else can find it!

If you've ever wondered where your books go after they leave your hands, join BookCrossing and you may find out: you'll be able to follow your books as new readers make journal entries - sometimes from surprisingly far-flung locations.

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!