Long Walk to Water, A

by Linda Sue Park | Children's Books | This book has not been rated.
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 3/30/2020
Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, March 30, 2020
This is not an ordinary book: it's a BookCrossing book! BookCrossing books are world travelers - they like to have adventures and make new friends...and with your help, they can even write home to say what they've been doing! (You may remain anonymous if you wish.)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Picked up at the McCully-Mōʻiliʻili Library before it closed for renovations, and before all of the public libraries closed due to COVID-19.

Set in Sudan and based on the true story of Salva Dut.

I think I might re-read this before letting it - to remind myself that even during this global pandemic, I have much to be grateful for: things that people in other parts of the world cannot take for granted.

Here's another copy on my BookCrossing shelf.

~ · ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ · ~

Themes for the first quarter re-do of Secretariat's 2020 Never Judge a Book By Its Cover Challenge

Week 2: one person, walking
Week 8: children's books
Week 9: L,V,X,Z authors (LINDA Sue Park)

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Little Free Library #89210 - Kaimuki (10th Ave) in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (4/1/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library #89210 - Kaimuki (10th Ave) in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Tuesday, March 31, 2020: fortuitously discovered this lovely LFL while on a walk in the neighborhood; I'll be back again. :D

(Zoomable photo here.)

Guidelines for safely visiting and stocking Little Free Libraries from the LFL site here.

Released for Secretariat's 2020 NJABBIC challenge (first quarter re-do) and Firegirl's 4 Elements Challenge.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book! Won't you make a journal entry so the previous readers know that it's safe with you?

This is now your book, for you to do with as you please: keep it as long as you wish, pass it to a friend, or maybe even leave it where someone else can find it!

If you've ever wondered where your books go after they leave your hands, join BookCrossing and you may find out: you'll be able to follow your books as new readers make journal entries - sometimes from surprisingly far-flung locations.

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!