The Bodies Left Behind

by Jeffery Deaver | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by dvg of Toms River, New Jersey USA on 3/15/2020
Journal Entry 1 by dvg from Toms River, New Jersey USA on Sunday, March 15, 2020
When a night-time call to 911 from a secluded Wisconsin vacation house is cut short, offduty deputy Brynn McKenzie leaves her husband and son at the dinner table and drives up to Lake Mondac to investigate. Was it a misdial or an aborted crime report?

Brynn stumbles onto a scene of true horror and narrowly escapes from two professional criminals. She and a terrified visitor to the weekend house, Michelle, flee into the woods in a race for their lives. As different as night and day, and stripped of modern-day resources, Brynn, a tough deputy with a difficult past, and Michelle, a pampered city girl, must overcome their natural reluctance to trust each other and learn to use their wits and courage to survive the relentless pursuit. The deputy's disappearance spurs both her troubled son and her new husband into action, while the incident sets in motion Brynn's loyal fellow deputies and elements from Milwaukee's underside. These various forces race along inexorably toward the novel's gritty and stunning conclusion.

Journal Entry 2 by dvg at Toms River, New Jersey USA on Thursday, March 19, 2020
Wow! What a read. When you read a Jeffrey Deaver book, you get immersed in the story. I was hooked from the first page and read the book in two sittings. Deaver doesn't disappoint with a story filled with action, twists and turns, along with characters who may not be what they appear. I highly recommend this read.

Journal Entry 3 by dvg at Wishlist Book, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, March 26, 2020

Released 2 mos ago (3/25/2020 UTC) at Wishlist Book, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Now traveling to my BC friend, Booklady331. I hope you enjoy this as much as I have!!!
Happy Reading and Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 4 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Monday, March 30, 2020
Thank you so much for sharing this wishlist book with me. I enjoy Jeffery Deaver. I am looking forward to reading this book.

Journal Entry 5 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Thursday, April 16, 2020
When Deputy Brynn McKenzie answers a 911 call at a remote house near Lake Mondac in northern Wisconsin, she finds a double homicide. She is also confronted with the murderers who are still there, and along with a Michelle, a house guest who manages to elude the killers.

There are a number of twists and turns and nothing is as it seems.

THE BODIES LEFT BEHIND is not as good as the Lincoln Rhyme series, but it still kept me reading. The ending will also frustrate some readers, but I think it fit the book.

Reserved for ABC VBB round 21

Journal Entry 6 by wingbooklady331wing at Elk Grove, California USA on Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Released 1 wk ago (5/18/2020 UTC) at Elk Grove, California USA

Enjoy! chosen from the ABC VBB

Journal Entry 7 by wingperryfranwing at Elk Grove, California USA on Thursday, May 21, 2020
Thanks for sending this from the ABC VBB. I always enjoy Deaver.