The Little Bookshop on the Seine

by Rebecca Raisin | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by starrdust of Cookstown, Ontario Canada on 3/11/2020
Journal Entry 1 by starrdust from Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, March 11, 2020
From the back cover:"When bookshop owner Sarah Smith is offered the opportunity for a job exchange with her Parisian friend Sophie, saying yes is a no-brainer - - after all, what kind of romantic would turn down six months in Paris? Sarah is sure she's in for the experience of a lifetime - - days spent surrounded by literature in a gorgeous bookshop, and the chance to watch the Eiffel Tower sparkle at night. Plus, now she can meet up with her journalist boyfriend, Ridge, when his job takes him around the globe."

Journal Entry 2 by starrdust at Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, August 5, 2020
Starting to read this book today.

Journal Entry 3 by starrdust at Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Monday, August 10, 2020
Finished reading this book today. A lovely little book about bookshops, the love of literature, words and books of all sorts that is set in the romantic and lively city of Paris, France. A story about friendship, love and happily-ever-afters. A great book to read in the summertime . . . or anytime for that matter.

Journal Entry 4 by starrdust at Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Saturday, September 12, 2020

Released 3 yrs ago (9/12/2020 UTC) at Cookstown, Ontario Canada

Passed this book on to my sister, Maranlin as I'm sure that she'll enjoy it.

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 5 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Saturday, September 12, 2020
Received this book today from my sister, starrdust. I look forward to reading it. Thank you so much!

Journal Entry 6 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Saturday, November 20, 2021
After reading the first 3 chapters, I realized that at the back of the book there was the prequel to this story, "The Bookshop on the Corner". I am a fan of reading books in order, so I then read this story before continuing with "The Little Bookshop on the Seine". This story was mainly about how Sarah and Ridge met, and a bit too much like a Harlequin romance for my liking. However, it was good to know the back story.

There were many things I liked about this book - the descriptions of Paris, the bookshop, the books within the shop, and the various individuals who worked there. The reader sees how Sarah grows into a more confident person as the story progresses. The one thing I did not like was Sarah's love affair with Ridge, the "book boyfriend". He was too good to be true in many ways, and not so attentive to Sarah as he should be. When he did appear on the scene, his attentions to her were way over the top! I just could not warm up to this character, but otherwise I did enjoy this book.

Journal Entry 7 by wingMaranlinwing at Little Free Library - 2302 Bridge Street in Oakville, Ontario Canada on Saturday, April 22, 2023

Released 11 mos ago (4/22/2023 UTC) at Little Free Library - 2302 Bridge Street in Oakville, Ontario Canada

Released for the 2023 April Showers/May Flowers Challenge & the 2023 NJABBIC Challenge (week 17: birds or bees on the cover).

To the finder of this book: I hope you enjoy reading this book. Please keep it or set it free when you're done. If the book is of no interest to you, please release it into the wild for someone else to find and enjoy. I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience and I do hope you will use me, Maranlin, as a referring member.

Journal Entry 8 by LFLHunter at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, April 23, 2023
Found in a Little Library outside the community centre.

Journal Entry 9 by LFLHunter at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Monday, November 27, 2023
I have to agree with Maranlin I just didn't get Ridge as a love interest, big on romantic gestures, but offers little as a potentially supportive partner. I also didn't realize this book was part of a series. Perhaps a romance reader would enjoy this book more. I did like Sarah as a character.

Journal Entry 10 by LFLHunter at LFL - Turner Dr. in Burlington, Ontario Canada on Thursday, December 7, 2023

Released 4 mos ago (12/7/2023 UTC) at LFL - Turner Dr. in Burlington, Ontario Canada

Leaving this book in Turner Drive Book Exchange, it usually has a couple of Bookcrossing books inside. Please consider making a journal entry, tell us where you found the book, or what you thought of the book after reading it. You can remain anonymous or join Bookcrossing. If you join Bookcrossing you can catch and release books, and watch them travel as well.