Dancing Between the Beats

by Lynn Nicholas | Women's Fiction |
ISBN: 162787755X Global Overview for this book
Registered by LynnWrites of Tucson, Arizona USA on 3/11/2020
Journal Entry 1 by LynnWrites from Tucson, Arizona USA on Wednesday, March 11, 2020
Reserved for a bookring. ORDER FOR U.S. BOOKRING IN NEXT JOURNAL ENTRY>

Meet Katherine Carrington, Marcos Stephanos, and Paige Russell as misunderstood intentions and ego-driven altercations turn everyone's lives upside down.
Storyline unfolds from three main perspectives as expectations clash with reality and the status quo suddenly shifts.
Laced with humor, Dancing Between the Beats offers an insider's view of the world of ballroom dance, along with a smattering of off-beat insights into relationships.
Registered by the author.

Journal Entry 2 by LynnWrites at Tucson, Arizona USA on Saturday, March 14, 2020
Here is the order for the U.S. bookring.

1. Minesayn / OH
7. J4shaw / ID
8. Booklady331 / FL
9. Valpete / CA
10 Erishkigal / UT

Rules the same as always.
Please PM me when you receive book so I can track and post where it is. When done reading, PM the next person on the list. If they don't respond within a reasonable amount of time, move down the list. Last person can either (1) do a wild or controlled release (2) send back to me or (3) donate to a used bookstore, or (4) keep.

Journal Entry 3 by wingminesaynwing at Huron, Ohio USA on Monday, March 23, 2020
Received in the mail today. I am the first in this book ring, thanks to the author for this. I love supporting indie authors and presses. It will be read as soon as possible, but I am in the middle of several that I just have to get read first.

Journal Entry 4 by wingminesaynwing at Huron, Ohio USA on Sunday, May 10, 2020
Despite being a fan of Dancing With the Stars, this reader still found this novel to be a particularly eye-opening read about ballroom dancing. From the author's note at the beginning, she indicates that she has spent some time in the ballroom and has met enough professional and amateur dancers. Further, the author must have some background in competitive dancing. Her explanations and terminology of the various dance moves certainly indicates this as well.

Told from the perspective of several of the instructors, Katherine Carrington, Marcos Stephnos, and Paige Russell, and student, Barbara Bradshaw, the reader is treated to all the ins and outs, the petty (and not-so-petty) jealousies, and the soap opera antics of the various people connected to this Tucson ballroom studio, the Desert DanceSport.

From the top down, Katherine Carrington is the owner and head diva of the place. Marcos Stephanos is the dance master and studio manager. The top dance instructor is Tony Moreno and his highly ambitious professional partner is Sylvie Goldstein. Paige Russell is the newest dance instructor, who is hoping to find her birth father since the loss of her mother.

Many of the characters have their own agendas or secrets to hide, and when they begin to be revealed or clash with others, there are meltdowns. Attitudes and personalities clash as well.
Athough ballroom dance is the main focus of this debut novel, the story of what is going on with the characters underneath it all is what really drives the novel.

Will Paige find her father? Will the studio survive the petty jealousies and the soap opera antics of the dancers and students?

Overall, a fun read into the lives of those who enjoy ballroom dancing whether by dancing or observing the flourishes and turns of heel-toe leads.

Thanks to lynnwrites for allowing me to read your novel and the competitive life of ballroom dancers including Paige Russell, who only wants to find her birth father.

Journal Entry 5 by wingminesaynwing at Cincinnati, Ohio USA on Monday, May 11, 2020

Released 5 mos ago (5/11/2020 UTC) at Cincinnati, Ohio USA

"No two persons ever read the same book."--Edmund Wilson

Sharing this book with the wider world--enjoy!
I have either registered it, or received it from another person who is willing to share it, too. Consider logging onto www.bookcrossing.com and letting us know where it is been and where it is going next. It can be done anonymously or join the site as a member.

Via media mail to the next reader of the novel about a ballroom dance studio and the people found there. Safe travels, little book.

Journal Entry 6 by smhamn at Cincinnati, Ohio USA on Saturday, May 16, 2020
Book arrived today! Looking forward to reading it. Thank you!

Journal Entry 7 by smhamn at Cincinnati, Ohio USA on Saturday, June 06, 2020
Thank you for including me in this book ring! I thoroughly enjoyed the characters and the storyline around them. The book kept me engaged and was well written! I will mail it tomorrow if I make it to the post office before closing. Sorry I have had it so long!

Journal Entry 8 by smhamn at -- BookRing, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Saturday, June 06, 2020

Released 4 mos ago (6/6/2020 UTC) at -- BookRing, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Mailed this morning! :)

Journal Entry 9 by wingrubyrebelwing at Toledo, Ohio USA on Sunday, June 14, 2020
Just received I'll try to read as soon as I can to pass on quickly

Journal Entry 10 by book_drunkard at Osgood, Indiana USA on Monday, July 27, 2020
Received today.

Due to COVID-19 I am sealing all of my mail for several days in a plastic container. My plan is to start this book this weekend.
Thanks for including me in the ray.

Journal Entry 11 by book_drunkard at Osgood, Indiana USA on Friday, August 28, 2020
I have had this book for a month and have yet to find the time to read it. So as not to stall this ray any longer, I will be moving it along unread to the next in line early next week.
Sorry, sometimes things get a little too crazy and I am swamped right now.

Journal Entry 12 by book_drunkard at A Book Ray, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, September 03, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (9/2/2020 UTC) at A Book Ray, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

Mailed to the next in line.

Journal Entry 13 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Tuesday, September 08, 2020
This book was waiting for me when I returned from a long weekend away. I will start reading this soon and send it on its way.

Journal Entry 14 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Tuesday, September 22, 2020
Thank you for sharing your book. I enjoyed the drama of the characters involved with a dance studio.

Journal Entry 15 by dabercro at -- BookRing, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Friday, September 25, 2020

Released 3 wks ago (9/25/2020 UTC) at -- BookRing, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sent to josierivers in SC.

Journal Entry 16 by wingjosieriverswing at Leesville, South Carolina USA on Wednesday, September 30, 2020
Arrived today. Will start reading and send off as quickly as possible