Q is for Quarry

by Sue Grafton | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingearthcaroleannewing of Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on 3/8/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingearthcaroleannewing from Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, March 08, 2020
Welcome to BookCrossing!

Thank you for picking up this book. If you’re new to BookCrossing and find this book and this site (www.bookcrossing.com), please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join.

I hope you'll join BookCrossing (doesn't cost anything to join!) and if you do, please consider using me, earthcaroleanne, as your referring member. When you’ve finished reading this book and are ready to send it on its way again, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or a release note if you are leaving it “in the wild” again for anyone to catch. Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e mail each time someone makes another journal entry. And it’s confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.

Happy BookCrossings!

Journal Entry 2 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, March 08, 2020
She was a 'Jane Doe', an unidentified white female whose decomposed body was discovered near a quarry off California's Highway 1. The case fell to the Santa Teresa County Sheriff's Department, but the detectives had little to go on. The woman was young, her hands were bound with a length of wire, there were multiple stab wounds and her throat had been slashed. After months of investigation, the murder remained unsolved. That was eighteen years ago. Now the two men who found the body, both nearing the end of long careers in law enforcement, want one last shot at the case ... and they turn to Kinsey Milhone to help them find closure. Kinsey is intrigued and agrees to the job. But revisiting the past can be a dangerous business and what begins with the pursuit of Jane Doe's real identity ends in a high risk hunt.

Journal Entry 3 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, March 08, 2020
I am running out of things to say. I have enjoyed all of the books. Is it strange I am now imagining Henry as Howard Keel? I feel that I personally know all her characters. Kinsey is such a real person with her feisty but so likeable nature. Additionally interesting is the fact that this book is written about a true event as explained at the end.

Released 2 mos ago (3/28/2020 UTC) at Eco Larder Community Library in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Putting it in the Community Library as the public libraries are closed due to the coronavirus. Don't worry it doesn't last long on paper. And LFL have produced a best practise guide if are still worried.

ETA - the community library has been changed into a food bank so this went to the LFL in Dalry Place instead.