The Kicking the Bucket List

by Cathy Hopkins | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 000820067X Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingrussbaumwing of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 3/12/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingrussbaumwing from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, March 12, 2020
Welcome to BookCrossing! The home of travelling books...

Thank you so much for picking up this book and visiting the website. Please make a journal entry here on this page if you haven’t already done so to let me know that this book has found a good home.

If you decide to join BookCrossing (it’s free, confidential, you are only known by your screen name and your e-mail address is never given out) please say "russbaum" sent you.

I really hope you enjoy the book you found! When you’re done reading it, you can make another journal entry with your comments here to let me know what you thought of it.

You can keep the book forever and ever or pass it on to someone else. If you’re giving it to someone directly, make another journal entry saying so. If you choose to leave it somewhere “in the wild” for anyone to catch, make release notes that indicate where you left it. If you register, you will be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry.

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

2) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!

Happy Book-crossing...

Russbaum

Journal Entry 2 by wingrussbaumwing at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, April 06, 2020
Now reserved for the First Sentences Virtual Bookbox.

Journal Entry 3 by wingrussbaumwing at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, May 31, 2020

Released 2 mos ago (6/1/2020 UTC) at London, Greater London United Kingdom

Posted from London, UK to Delphi, GREECE to Delphi_Reader as part of the Bookcrossing First Sentences VBB Round 18.

Hope it arrives safely.

Journal Entry 4 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on Monday, June 15, 2020
Thank you russbaum, the book arrived safely in Delphi this morning. It seems cool : )

First Sentence:
The offices of Wilson Richardson solicitors were on the first floor in a block on the main road through Chiswick in London.

Journal Entry 5 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on Friday, July 31, 2020
Sometimes it's nice to read a light book among more serious stuff and I guess this one is fine if you are into chick-lit, but...

Let's face it, the whole premise is kind of ridiculous, all the characters are too silly, immature and superficial, major threads of the story are very predictable, while the whinings , especially of Dee and the dialogues among the sisters and between the sisters and everyone were at times too ridiculous and childish and/or too farfetched.
I'm not sure I'm much into all this meditation/contemplation thing or talking to god thing either, I can't see how one could connect without having one or adopting one belief system more or less, or how an atheist could make some choices Rose made. All characters seem to make silly or forced choices, they felt carton-box to me, Fleur and Daniel included and I don't see how some characters would fall in love for some others. I think it's hard to believe that 50 years old women have never think about death or that women on their late 80s who have never manipulate their daughters to bond while living, are doing so after dying! I don't believe that Michael would stick as he did and in general I don't find convincing nearly everything said and done and been in this novel.
The very end was predictable,abrupt and far too full of hyperbole in its details too.

I found parts of the book kind of amusing and alright to read withour thinking, just for pleasure, but often the books was too silly or boring.
Maybe the problem is me, not been much into this kind of books. I think people fond of this genre would find this a very decent read.

Thank you once again for sharing russbaum!