The Anchoress

by Robyn Cadwallader | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingDelticwing of Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 2/18/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingDelticwing from Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 18, 2020
Bought for Bookcrossing.

Journal Entry 2 by wingDelticwing at Leeds Meet @ City Museum Café in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (2/19/2020 UTC) at Leeds Meet @ City Museum Café in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

TAKEN TO THE LEEDS BOOKCROSSERS MID-WEEK MEET.
IF NOT TAKEN THE BOOK WILL BE LEFTON THE LITTLE FREE LIBRARY BOOKSHELF IN THE CORNER OF THE CAFE.

If you're new to Bookcrossing, thank you for visiting the website.

Please take a moment to let us know you have the book - then everyone who has had it previously can follow it's journey! Then please post a review when you've read it.

If you join BookCrossing (which is FREE, SECURE and SAFE), you too, can see where it goes next..

This book is yours to keep or pass on. No strings attached!

Journal Entry 3 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 19, 2020
This is one of the half a dozen books I brought home from the Leeds Lunchtime Midweek Meet today. I'm not sure why because, although I love the Medieval period and devour novels set in the 13th century, as this one is, I have very mixed feelings about some of their religious practices and superstitions. Shutting young girls up in walls seems particularly distasteful and I just know I'm going to find it upsetting . . .

Journal Entry 4 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, March 22, 2020
Well, that wasn't at all what I was expecting. It proved to be a beautiful story, beautifully told. I can't believe how deeply I immersed myself in Sister Sarah's world. I've surprised myself with my positive reaction to this fascinating novel.
Thank you again, Deltic.