Beside myself

by Ann Morgan | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingBlue_Fairywing of Montréal, Québec Canada on 2/8/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingBlue_Fairywing from Montréal, Québec Canada on Saturday, February 08, 2020
Beside Myself is a literary thriller about identical twins, Ellie and Helen, who swap places aged six. At first it is just a game, but then Ellie refuses to swap back. Forced into her new identity, Helen develops a host of behavioural problems, delinquency and chronic instability. With their lives diverging sharply, one twin headed for stardom and the other locked in a spiral of addiction and mental illness, how will the deception ever be uncovered? Exploring questions of identity, selfhood, and how other people's expectations affect human behaviour, this novel is as gripping as it is psychologically complex.

Journal Entry 2 by wingBlue_Fairywing at Montréal, Québec Canada on Saturday, February 08, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (2/8/2020 UTC) at Montréal, Québec Canada

Bought on eBay and sent by the seller to the winner or alibi of the February 2020 sweepstake.
This book was on her wishlist.
Enkoy!

Journal Entry 3 by SandritaHolland at Caujac, Midi-Pyrénées France on Monday, February 10, 2020
Thank you!
I forgot that I had put it on my wish list.
And as I've got it now I am aven more exited to discover this story.

I finished it quickly, couldn't stop reading, took it everywhere with me. I asked myself who was who. The writer plays with the thoughts of the reader : love that!

Good read!

"Exploring questions of identity, selfhood, and how other people's expectations affect human behaviour, this novel is as gripping as it is psychologically complex."

Journal Entry 4 by SandritaHolland at Saint-Germain-en-Laye, Ile-de-France France on Friday, February 21, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (2/21/2020 UTC) at Saint-Germain-en-Laye, Ile-de-France France

J'ai regardé sur : "qui souhaite ce livre". Quelle surprise : il n'y a qu'une personne qui souhaite le lire : Florence71!

Je te l'envoie avec grand plaisir!

Il va te plaire. A real page-turner!

Journal Entry 5 by wingFlorence71wing at Fontenay-sous-Bois, Ile-de-France France on Tuesday, February 25, 2020
Oui un livre de ma wishlist ! Merci beaucoup Sandritaholland ! Ainsi que pour le marque-pages (on dirait que tu les achètes dans la même boutique que moi, j'ai les mêmes !), le petit carnet et le paquet de mouchoirs.
Réservé pour Harobed82 après lecture.