P Is for Pterodactyl

by Raj Haldar | Children's Books |
Registered by Minerva101 of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 2/8/2020
Journal Entry 1 by Minerva101 from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, February 08, 2020
I love this picture book for all the reasons!

About the book(from Indigo.ca):
A New York Times Bestseller!
A raucous trip through the odd corners of our alphabet." -The New York Times
Let's get real-the English language is bizarre. A might be for apple, but it's also for aisle and aeons. Why does the word "gnat" start with a G but the word "knot" doesn't start with an N? It doesn't always make sense, but don't let these rule-breaking silent letters defeat you!
This whimsical, funky book from Raj Haldar (akarapper Lushlife) turns the traditional idea of an alphabet book on its head, poking fun at the most mischievous words in the English language and demonstrating how to pronounce them. Fun and informative for word nerds of all ages!

Journal Entry 2 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, February 09, 2020
I picked this up at the February meetup at Cravings.

Journal Entry 3 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, July 16, 2020
Too funny. I had to stop and think a couple of times. V I had to read a couple of times. S had me momentarily confused. When I taught Div. 1, I was always apologizing for the English language and all its complications. Now some of these are foreign words. What a fun read.

Journal Entry 4 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, July 23, 2020

Released 7 mos ago (7/23/2020 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

This book is going into the COVID Meeting Box that is being circulated. This one can be read, journaled and passed on with the box. Fun alphabet book.

Journal Entry 5 by wingherchellewing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, August 31, 2020
I just had to give this awesome book a quick read before returning it back to the travelling book box. Thanks from my inner child!

Journal Entry 6 by AnnaDevika at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, August 31, 2020
Borrowed for friend TJ-A.

Journal Entry 7 by AnnaDevika at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, October 03, 2020
Returned by TJA - will be read by me, then returned to travelling book box next round.

Journal Entry 8 by AnnaDevika at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, February 22, 2021

Released 1 wk ago (2/21/2021 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

controlled release to fellow bookcrossing member

Journal Entry 9 by Mateya_Foster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, February 23, 2021
Caught from a fellow bookcrosser