Triptych

by Karin Slaughter | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingmattandmandy75wing of Cockatoo, Victoria Australia on 2/6/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingmattandmandy75wing from Cockatoo, Victoria Australia on Thursday, February 06, 2020
When Atlanta police detective Michael Ormewood is called out to a murder scene at the notorious Grady Homes, he finds himself faced with one of the the most brutal killings of his career: Aleesha Monroe is found in the stairwell in a pool of her own blood, her body horribly mutilated.

As a one-off killing it's shocking, but when it becomes clear that it's just the latest in a series of similar attacks, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation are called in, and Michael is forced into working with Special Agent Will Trent of the Criminal Apprehension Team - a man he instinctively dislikes.

Twenty-four hours later, the violence Michael sees around him every day explodes in his own back yard. And it seems the mystery behind Monroe's death is inextricably entangled with a past that refuses to stay buried ...

Journal Entry 2 by wingmattandmandy75wing at SI Cafe in Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Friday, February 07, 2020

Released 9 mos ago (2/7/2020 UTC) at SI Cafe in Templestowe, Victoria Australia

To the finder of this book:

Please journal that you’ve found me, read and re-release. I’d love to follow the book’s journey. Bookcrossing is free & fun and let’s face it, not much is these days! :)

Journal Entry 3 by AnonymousFriend at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Friday, February 07, 2020
I am a great fan of this genre

Journal Entry 4 by AnonymousFriend at Wantirna South, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, August 04, 2020
I do read many books of this genre but this was not very original and extreme. I had been warned that Triptych was violent. I was not prepared for it to be so unrelentingly, brutally, and graphically violent. Mystery/thriller is my favorite genre. I get that a degree of violence is often part of the deal. Slaughter went to a wildly unreasonable extreme. This story could have been told with even more mystery/surprise (and better character and plot development) without the constant assault.

Journal Entry 5 by AnonymousFriend at Two Doors Cafe in Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Friday, October 23, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (10/26/2020 UTC) at Two Doors Cafe in Templestowe, Victoria Australia

Release #87 for 2020 ...

Journal Entry 6 by wingmarmee463wing at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, October 27, 2020
Caught today.

Journal Entry 7 by wingmarmee463wing at SI Cafe in Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Sunday, November 08, 2020

Released 3 wks ago (11/8/2020 UTC) at SI Cafe in Templestowe, Victoria Australia

On to the shelf.

To the finder of this book -
Please let me know it is in safe hands by journalling that you have caught it, you are under no obligation to read it and Bookcrossing is completely anonymous.