I Am, I Am, I Am: Seventeen Brushes With Death

Registered by raeliz64 of Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on 1/27/2020
Journal Entry 1 by raeliz64 from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Monday, January 27, 2020
I like Maggie O'Farrell's fiction and I thought this book sounded intriguing. It is a series of essays, each describing a brush with death in the author's life.
It is very well written, but confusing as the essays aren't in chronological order so she is eighteen in the first one, sixteen in the second and five in the third, for example.
Some of the 'brushes with death' really aren't any such thing and come across as rather contrived, others though are heartbreaking, particularly the last one concerning her daughter.
Not as good. as I hoped.

Journal Entry 2 by raeliz64 at Wygston’s House in Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Monday, January 27, 2020

Released 2 wks ago (1/28/2020 UTC) at Wygston’s House in Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom

Taking to lunch with Cross-patch and Tanamo.

Journal Entry 3 by wingTanamowing at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 28, 2020
Picked this up at today's mini meet. Thanks Eileen.