Pitch Perfect

by Mickey Rapkin | Entertainment |
ISBN: 159240376X Global Overview for this book
Registered by itpdx of Portland, Oregon USA on 5/14/2021
Journal Entry 1 by itpdx from Portland, Oregon USA on Friday, May 14, 2021
I heard an interview with the author probably soon after Pitch Perfect: The Quest for Collegiate A Cappella Glory was published. I was intrigued. It is about college a cappella groups, competition and recording. I finally read it because of a book challenge task that asked to read a book from a list of books titled I Only Watched the Movie. I had no idea the book had inspired a movie. This is one case where the movie has an advantage in that you probably hear some a cappella groups perform.

The writing here is uneven and filled with jargon, college-boy humor, industry gossip, a few humorous tales and a few heart-rending stories. I only would recommend this book to readers who are interested in the history of collegiate a cappella.

Journal Entry 2 by itpdx at Little Free Library (SW Oleson) in Portland, Oregon USA on Saturday, May 15, 2021

Released 4 wks ago (5/15/2021 UTC) at Little Free Library (SW Oleson) in Portland, Oregon USA

Left in the Little Free Library