Clapton's Guitar

by Allen St. John | Biographies & Memoirs | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingbuttonbrightwing of Raleigh, North Carolina USA on 5/17/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingbuttonbrightwing from Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Sunday, May 17, 2020
New York Times bestselling author Allen St. John started off looking for the world’s greatest guitar, but what he found instead was the world’s greatest guitar builder.

Living and working in Rugby, Virginia (population 7), retired rural mail carrier Wayne Henderson is a true American original, making America's finest instruments using little more than a pile of good wood and a sharp whittling knife. There's a 10-year waiting list for Henderson's heirloom acoustic guitars—and even a musical legend like Eric Clapton must wait his turn. Partly out of self-interest, St. John prods Henderson into finally building Clapton's guitar, and soon we get to pull up a dusty stool and watch this Stradivari in glue-stained blue jeans work his magic. The story that ensues will captivate you with its portrait of a world where craftsmanship counts more than commerce, and time is measured by old jokes, old-time music, and homemade lemon pies shared by good friends.

I found this book on the discount shelves of a local used book store.

Journal Entry 2 by wingbuttonbrightwing at Adara Spa Book Nook in Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Monday, June 01, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (6/1/2020 UTC) at Adara Spa Book Nook in Raleigh, North Carolina USA

Left at the Adara Spa Book Nook @ 608 W Peace Street, Raleigh NC https://goo.gl/1syyky #BookCrossing #adaraspa