More Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops

by Jen Campbell | Humor |
Registered by wingLittleSuzwing of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 1/26/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingLittleSuzwing from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, January 26, 2020
Not as funny as the original book, but there's still some good ones here.

Journal Entry 2 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, January 26, 2020
Picked up at the Old Gang meetup for Poodlesister.

Journal Entry 3 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, April 23, 2020
I've not read the first book so I had nothing to compare it to which means I really enjoyed this. My favourite is referencing Dr Seuss "I made a hat for my cat but he won't wear it. That book is full of lies" I made a hat for my cat out of his own fur and he did wear it.

Journal Entry 4 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, April 23, 2020

Released 1 yr ago (4/23/2020 UTC) at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom

Sending out for a lockdown surprise.

Journal Entry 5 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, April 27, 2020
Thanks for the Lockdown RABCK! This is just about the right level for me at the moment. My concentration is not great.

Journal Entry 6 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, May 08, 2020
A quick and funny read.

Released 12 mos ago (5/9/2020 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Going to tigergirlnz

ETA I forgot to attach a CN22 customs form and the postbox has been knocked over. I don’t know if the mail is still in there.

Update from a neighbour. The mail was collected on Monday morning (the day it was knocked over and the day after I posted it). Royal Mail have taken away the postbox but it won't be replaced until social distancing has stopped.

Join UK Bookcrossers at the Newcastle Unconvention from 9th to 11th October 2020

Journal Entry 8 by wingtigergirlnzwing at Napier, Hawkes Bay-Poverty Bay New Zealand on Saturday, June 06, 2020
Woohoo! Thank you for this Wishlist tag Poodlesister! It DID arrive with no issues (other than lateness we can blame on a pandemic). Thanks for the BC book plates that came with it too. I have to add this to Mt TBR for a little while (I'm trying to read these in the order they arrive to me in) but oh it is SO tempting to read now. I worked for almost 15 years in a bookshop so I can RELATE hehe!

Journal Entry 9 by wingtigergirlnzwing at Napier, Hawkes Bay-Poverty Bay New Zealand on Monday, August 24, 2020
Oh I enjoyed this little read! Having worked for many years in the book industry, I've come across some clangers myself so I can definitely appreciate the weirdness of these comments and conversations between bookshop staff and customers. Sometimes you hear something and you think 'did I really hear this person say that?' And yep, you did...

Journal Entry 10 by wingtigergirlnzwing at a secret surprise!, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, September 17, 2020

Released 7 mos ago (9/17/2020 UTC) at a secret surprise!, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

To a kind and generous bookcrosser - Happy Birthday - I hope you enjoy this book and the chocolate too :-)

Journal Entry 11 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Sunday, October 04, 2020
Hello everyone - wow, a book that has passed through the hands of many bookcrossers I’ve interacted with in one way or another.

Thank you so much tigergirlnz for sending me this Wishlist book surrounded by my favourite type of chocolate (dark, ummmm - it’s delicious).

I hope these COVID times are treating all previous readers gently.

Journal Entry 12 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Sunday, October 18, 2020
A fun and quick read.

Journal Entry 13 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Dunedin, Otago New Zealand on Saturday, May 01, 2021

Released 1 wk ago (5/1/2021 UTC) at Dunedin, Otago New Zealand

Passed to -tui- while visiting.

Journal Entry 14 by -tui- at Dunedin, Otago New Zealand on Tuesday, May 04, 2021
Really enjoyed this collection of statements. Where do you buy a wardrobe to get to Narnia?