The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle

by Stuart Turton | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingCassandra2020wing of Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on 1/24/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingCassandra2020wing from Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, January 24, 2020
Welcome to BookCrossing!

Thank you for picking up this book. If you’re new to BookCrossing and find this book and this site (www.bookcrossing.com), please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it's free). If you join, you’ll be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry for this specific copy of this book (other copies of the book are travelling with their own ID number. Every copy of every book has a unique ID).

I hope you'll join BookCrossing (doesn't cost anything to join!) and if you do, please consider using me, Cassandra2020, as your referring member. When you’ve finished reading this book and are ready to send it on its way again, make a journal entry then a release note: either 'controlled' if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or a 'wild' release if you are leaving it somewhere hoping for anyone to catch.

Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e mail each time someone makes another journal entry. It’s all confidential (you’re known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and spam-free.

Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 2 by wingCassandra2020wing at Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, January 24, 2020
The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton - V Good

I think most people know that I love a crime novel. In particular vintage/golden age crime and my favourite is Agatha Christie. What is probably less well known is that I love science fiction too. This book ticked all the boxes. Agatha Christie meets Groundhog Day meets, hmmm, Quantum Leap?

A Country House setting. A house party. Every day Aiden Bishop wakes up inhabiting a different guest. Every day the Hosts' daughter Evelyn is murdered. Every day Aiden trys to work out who is the murderer and tries to save her. The thing is, he doesn't remember everything from the previous host, sometimes he doesn't even remember who he really is let alone why he's there.

Now that sounds confusing, and in some respects it is, but it's only the confusion he feels as he awakes and doesn't know who he is or where he is or why..... until it dawns on him what is going on, often as he witnesses the same scene as yesterday but from a different perspective. Slowly he (and the reader) builds up a fuller picture. You begin to feel you know what's going on and that's when the author throws in a twist or two. Some you see coming, most you don't. Certainly, I didn't see the final twist.

A great read, thoroughly recommended.

Journal Entry 3 by wingCassandra2020wing at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, January 24, 2020

Released 3 wks ago (1/26/2020 UTC) at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Bringing to Old Gang Meetup

Although this book is registered at www.bookcrossing.com, you don't have to be a member. It's perfectly OK to just take the book and enjoy it. Of course, if you can visit the website and let us know that you've picked it up, that would be even better - you don't even have to join, you can add your comments anonymously - you can also post your review when you've read it, then return it or pass it on to someone else.

If you do join Bookcrossing, you'll be able to see what happens to it afterwards - for ever!

Journal Entry 4 by LittleSuz at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, January 26, 2020
Picked up at the Old Gang meetup after hearing several enthusiastic reviews, thank you.