We Fed an Island

by Jose Andres | Nonfiction |
Registered by Ixion of Alexandria, Virginia USA on 1/23/2020
Journal Entry 1 by Ixion from Alexandria, Virginia USA on Thursday, January 23, 2020
Thank you for the gift from 6of8. Taking on vacation. May or may not make it back home.

Update January 29, 2020. I finished reading and then skimming this book while on vacation. I really wanted to like the book because the story was so interesting, but Jose needs to let his co-author 'ghost' writer do the actual writing. So much of what was written reads like a really long blog post rather than a properly constructed non-fiction book. The historic chapters were much better written, so it looks like the history portion was allowed the third party edit. It's a great, factual adventure with a clear and distinguished message. But poor writing style made it hard to muddle through and eventually I gave up and skimmed the rest.

Hi! You've picked up a special book. This book is registered at www.bookcrossing.com. Leave a message for those who follow and pick up this book.