The Sorrows of Young Werther

by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0199583021 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingsedna5213wing of Charlottenburg, Berlin Germany on 1/21/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingsedna5213wing from Charlottenburg, Berlin Germany on Tuesday, January 21, 2020
From the cover: "I have so much and my feeling for her devours everything, I have so much and without her everything is nothing."

Journal Entry 2 by wingsedna5213wing at Charlottenburg, Berlin Germany on Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Released 6 mos ago (1/22/2020 UTC) at Charlottenburg, Berlin Germany

The book is on it's way to the winner of the classics sweepstake! Hope you will enjoy tne read!

Journal Entry 3 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on Friday, February 07, 2020
Received yesterday with many thanks! I owe you!

Journal Entry 4 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on Monday, April 20, 2020
An interesting psychogram written on a one-sided epistolary form, revealing Werther's throughts, views and sorrows. I could connect with the passages criticizing society's hypocrisy, searching for meaning and purpose and admiring small things and nature, but all in all, his way of thinking was too melodramatic and alien to me. It's an interesting fact that Goethe based this work on very real life events and individuals.
I'm very glad I read this, but I don't think it's something that would call me back.
Thanks once again for sharing sedna5213!

Journal Entry 5 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at by post, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Monday, August 03, 2020

Released 1 wk ago (8/3/2020 UTC) at by post, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

This book will now continue its travels to Canada. And then... who knows?

Good Luck little book and Don't forget to write your news from time to time : )