The Scent Of Death

by Andrew Taylor | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by MrsDeltic of Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 1/17/2020
Journal Entry 1 by MrsDeltic from Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, January 17, 2020
From our church bookstall

Released 1 mo ago (1/18/2020 UTC) at Leeds Meet @ City Museum Café in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Donated from church bookstall

Journal Entry 3 by wingkinediwing at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Sunday, January 19, 2020
Picked up at the Leeds Meet Up, sounded interesting

Journal Entry 4 by wingkinediwing at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 29, 2020
A very good read about life in New York in 1778 during the American War of Independance. The author really had a knack for evoking life in New York at that time and the circumstances particularly the poor white people and the slaves had to endure. I could feel their desperation and smell the stink in the slums. Next time I'm in New York I will probably see that area of Manhattan with completely different eyes.
he main character Edward Savill was a bit of a bore though in my eyes but the story was told from his point of view so I guess I had to put up with him.
Overall it was a fab historical novel and I'm glad I picked it up at the Meet Up.