The Voyages of the Princess Matilda

by Shane Spall | Travel |
ISBN: 0091941806 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingDelticwing of Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 2/18/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingDelticwing from Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 18, 2020
This book had lain unregistered on my book shelf for a couple of years. I picked it up a few times but never quite got started. when I finally got round to it properly, I couldn't put it down.
When Tim Spall was extremely ill with leukaemia, he promised his wife Shane they would build a new boat and sail her to Wales. It tells how they set off to sea thinking a road map would be sufficient and also how they got through and survived Tim's illness.

Journal Entry 2 by wingDelticwing from Ossett, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 18, 2020
When Tim Spall was extremely ill with leukaemia

Journal Entry 3 by wingDelticwing at Leeds Meet @ City Museum Café in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (2/19/2020 UTC) at Leeds Meet @ City Museum Café in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

TAKEN TO THE LEEDS BOOKCROSSERS MID-WEEK MEET.
IF NOT TAKEN THE BOOK WILL BE LEFTON THE LITTLE FREE LIBRARY BOOKSHELF IN THE CORNER OF THE CAFE.

If you're new to Bookcrossing, thank you for visiting the website.

Please take a moment to let us know you have the book - then everyone who has had it previously can follow it's journey! Then please post a review when you've read it.

If you join BookCrossing (which is FREE, SECURE and SAFE), you too, can see where it goes next..

This book is yours to keep or pass on. No strings attached!

Journal Entry 4 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 19, 2020
This is one of the half a dozen books I brought home from the Leeds Lunchtime Midweek Meet today, chosen because from time to time I try to read the odd interesting-looking nonfiction book among the many novels I devour . . .

Journal Entry 5 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, March 20, 2020
This sort of 'celebrity' memoir can be rather self-indulgent, often with accompanying name-dropping - and this is no exception.
Shane Spall recounts their journey round the coast from one capital to another, from London to Cardiff, in their barge, a voyage which took them a few years as they regularly moored up for months at a time while her actor husband Tim took time out for filming. Rather them than me!!!
With flashback diary reports, she also writes of his battle with cancer.
Interesting but nothing special.