Remember When

by Nora Roberts | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Ninas_BookNook of Yorktown, Virginia USA on 1/17/2020
Journal Entry 1 by Ninas_BookNook from Yorktown, Virginia USA on Friday, January 17, 2020
Summary from Goodreads:

Part 1: Hot Rocks
Part 2: Big Jack

She's one author - with two number-one New York Times-bestselling careers. As Nora Roberts, her novels include Three Fates and Birthright. As J. D. Robb, she offers such novels as Portrait in Death. Now she unites her separate identities in a riveting two-part novel that combines edgy suspense and romantic passion - and journeys through past, present, and future.
In Part One, Nora Roberts introduces us to Laine Tavish, known to the folks in Angel's Gap, Maryland, as the proprietor of Remember When, an antique treasures and gift shop. They have no idea that she used to be Elaine O'Hara, daughter of the notorious con man Big Jack O'Hara ... or that she grew up moving from place to place, one step ahead of the law. But Laine's past has just caught up with her. Her long-lost uncle has visited her shop, leaving a cryptic warning before dying in the street, run down by a car. Soon afterward, Laine's home is ransacked. Now it's up to her, and an enigmatic stranger named Max Gannon, to find out who's chasing her, and why. The answer lies in a hidden fortune - a fortune that will change Laine's life.
In Part Two, J. D. Robb takes us to New York City in 2059, and puts Detective Lieutenant Eve Dallas on the case. The treasure that Laine and Max sought has never been fully recovered. And now someone else is pursuing the missing gems ... someone who's willing to kill for them. Sharp-witted and sexy, Eve is used to traveling in the shadowy corners outside the law, in a future where crime meets cutting-edge technology. She will attempt to track down the diamonds once and for all - and stop the danger and death that have surrounded them for decades.

Journal Entry 2 by Ninas_BookNook at Costco Warehouse Store in Newport News, Virginia USA on Saturday, January 25, 2020

Released 3 wks ago (1/25/2020 UTC) at Costco Warehouse Store in Newport News, Virginia USA

In an effort to reduce the backstock for my Little Free Libraries, I am leaving books wherever I go. Left this one in my shopping cart in the car corral after shopping at Costco. I hope someone finds and enjoys it!