Eleanor Rigby

by DOUGLAS COUPLAND | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingAnnimanniwing of Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 1/13/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, January 13, 2020
Wikipedia says, "Eleanor Rigby is a 2004 novel by Douglas Coupland, about a lonely woman at ages 36 and 42. The novel is written as a first-person narrative by the main character, Liz Dunn.

The novel centres on changes to Liz's life when someone from her past unexpectedly re-enters her life. It is written in a light, often comic, tone, but resonates on many deeper issues, including loneliness, family, religious visions and multiple sclerosis."

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, January 18, 2021
It took me a bit to get into the book, but having enjoyed Coupland before (I read
Generation X and Microserfs back in the day) I decided to persevere. And I sure am glad I did. This is a funny, tragic and surprising story about loneliness and about a middle-aged woman finding herself and coming back to life. And what's best, it ends up with a touch of hope. Recommended!

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, January 23, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (1/23/2021 UTC) at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Here's your pick from the 1st sentence vbb. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by wingPaulanniwing at Riihimäki, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Wednesday, January 27, 2021
Thank you, Annimanni. This is a new book and author to me, but based on what you write above, I look forward to reading it. And what a coincidence: I just this month read a book inspired by the Beatles song Eleanor Rigby!