El Diluvio

by Jean-Marie Gustave Le Clézio | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by JorgeAMunozA of Toronto, Ontario Canada on 1/12/2020
Journal Entry 1 by JorgeAMunozA from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Sunday, January 12, 2020
I just finished this book. The prose is uniquely beautiful. The powerful descriptions of the objects can even make the reader look at simple things in a very different way. It is not a book easy to read, because of all the detailed descriptions. In this novel, describing the objects and their essential poetry is more important than what happens to them.

Journal Entry 2 by JorgeAMunozA at Greenwood Park Community Centre in Toronto, Ontario Canada on Saturday, January 25, 2020

Released 3 wks ago (1/25/2020 UTC) at Greenwood Park Community Centre in Toronto, Ontario Canada

I bought this book in 2009, few months after the author won the Nobel Prize. At that time I lived in Mexico City. For some reason I didn't read it until 11 years after I got it, when I was living in Toronto. I released at Greenwood Park where I an taking ice skating lessons.
I hope you enjoy through Le Clézio's eyes how any place or object can reveal it's brutal beauty everytime we choose to look at it with no judgment.