The Language of Kindness

by Christie Watson | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by Shahrun of Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on 1/12/2020
Journal Entry 1 by Shahrun from Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Sunday, January 12, 2020

Review I think the author was very courageous to write this candid memoir of her time nursing. I loved that she peppered the narration with medical references from global ancient texts to modern day studies. It’s pretty frightening reading, at times harrowing, sometimes even uplifting but always honest and so thought provoking! I gasped and cried my way throughout. I have an even deeper respect for nurses now. Their pay and working conditions are inhuman.

Released 1 wk ago (1/14/2020 UTC) at Book Crossers Meeting in -- By post or by hand --, Greater London United Kingdom

Taking this to a BookCrossing meet up at Allsop Arms pub near Baker Street. If there are no takers, I’ll try to find a bookshelf or something on the way home to leave it.

If you have picked up a This book, You may have noticed there is a little hand written note/sticker inside with a unique number and direction to the BookCrossing website. In a nutshell, BookCrossing allows you the reader to become a part of the Books story. You can track the recorded movements of the book and add an opinion on the story. It’s free and you can do it anonymously. But if you join, you will get notified when the next reader journals it. You wouldn’t believe how far some books go!

Journal Entry 3 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 15, 2020
A wishlist book from Shahrun, thanks very much,