LION

by Saroo Brierley | Biographies & Memoirs |
ISBN: 384370970X Global Overview for this book
Registered by Shahrun of Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on 1/7/2020
Journal Entry 1 by Shahrun from Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 07, 2020
What an extraordinary story! I was fascinated with the vivid memories of his childhood in India, particularly when he was lost. Then the comparison of growing up in Australia and the opportunities that afforded him (that he would t have had in India - like education). But the most amazing bit was how he traced his roots and then found his Indian family! It did strike me that his two families compliment each other perfectly, almost like it was destiny.

Journal Entry 2 by Shahrun at Dagenham Little Free Library in Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 07, 2020

Released 2 mos ago (1/8/2020 UTC) at Dagenham Little Free Library in Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom

Just restocking my Little Free Library. Trying to keep a little something in it for everyone.

If you have picked up a book from here, You may have noticed there is a little hand written note/sticker inside with a unique number and direction to the BookCrossing website. In a nutshell, BookCrossing allows you the reader to become a part of the Books story. You can track the recorded movements of the book and add an opinion on the story. It’s free and you can do it anonymously. But if you join, you will get notified when the next reader journals it. You wouldn’t believe how far some books go!

Journal Entry 3 by Shahrun at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Friday, February 14, 2020
No takers yet, so I’ve reshuffled the Library and taken this one out for now

Released 3 wks ago (3/14/2020 UTC) at Book Crossers Meeting in A meet up, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Taking a selection of books to today’s London BookCrossing Meet up in The Hoop & Grapes Pub needs Aldgate.

Journal Entry 5 by ETMadrid at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, March 14, 2020
I have heard of this and am curious to read it... Thank you!

Journal Entry 6 by ETMadrid at Rotherhithe, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Released 3 wks ago (3/14/2020 UTC) at Rotherhithe, Greater London United Kingdom

I offered this up to my husband and he couldn't resist...

Journal Entry 7 by ETMadrid at Rotherhithe, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 18, 2020
This has come back to me - my husband literally couldn't put it down and stayed up into the night reading it. A nightmarish, tragic scenario he says, hauntingly told, that reminded him of Doctor Zhivago, a tale of lost opportunity.

And now I hope to read it too at some stage.