Broccoli Tapes, The

by Jan Slepian | Children's Books |
ISBN: 059043473X Global Overview for this book
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 1/6/2020
Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, January 06, 2020
This is not an ordinary book: it's a BookCrossing book! BookCrossing books are world travelers - they like to have adventures and make new friends...and every once in a while they even write home to say what they've been doing.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

From the CUC Thrift Shop.

Sara's father gets a temporary job in Hawaii, so the whole family moves from Boston for five months. Sara isn't happy: she misses her teacher, her fifth-grade classmates, her friends...

Then she and her brother meet a stray cat and their grandmother comes to visit.

Sara documents all of the events of her time in Hawaii on cassette tapes that she mails back to her class in Boston (this book is from 1988). That's a hand-held cassette recorder on the cover of the book. ;)

A couple of notes: despite Sara's father's concern, we don't have rabies here. Also, I don't think Monomoto and Watenabe are actual names..or if they are they're unusual ones.

I'll count this as my Hawaii read (2/51) for the 2020 version of NancyNova's US States reading challenge.

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Ohana Hale Marketplace (Ward Gateway) in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, January 07, 2020

Released 9 mos ago (1/7/2020 UTC) at Ohana Hale Marketplace (Ward Gateway) in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Monday, January 06, 2020: added to the little library in the BodyMake Hawaii booth. (Larger photo here.)

Released for Secretariat's 2020 NJABBIC challenge (week 1: double letters) and originalslicey's There's No Place Like Home challenge.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book! Won't you make a journal entry so the previous readers know that it's safe with you?

This is now your book, for you to do with as you please: keep it as long as you wish, pass it to a friend, or maybe even leave it where someone else can find it!

If you've ever wondered where your books go after they leave your hands, join BookCrossing and you may find out: you'll be able to follow your books as new readers make journal entries - sometimes from surprisingly far-flung locations.

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!

UPDATE: found and journaled - thank you very much. Happy reading, and welcome to BookCrossing! :)

Journal Entry 3 by GriswoldGirl at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, February 04, 2020
I found this book in a Little Free Library at Ohana Hele Marketplace. It took me a bit to find the store where it was hidden. There are a bunch of traveling books there. I took 2 of them. The other was James and the Giant Peach.