The Huntress

by Kate Quinn | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by sing-song of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 1/3/2020
Journal Entry 1 by sing-song from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, January 03, 2020
My massage therapist passed on this riveting read that her book club had read. Thanks for the great read - interesting characters, history, mystery element and well written book.
From the author of the New York Times and USA Today bestselling novel, THE ALICE NETWORK, comes another fascinating historical novel about a battle-haunted English journalist and a Russian female bomber pilot who join forces to track the Huntress, a Nazi war criminal gone to ground in America.
In the aftermath of war, the hunter becomes the hunted…
Bold and fearless, Nina Markova always dreamed of flying. When the Nazis attack the Soviet Union, she risks everything to join the legendary Night Witches, an all-female night bomber regiment wreaking havoc on the invading Germans. When she is stranded behind enemy lines, Nina becomes the prey of a lethal Nazi murderess known as the Huntress, and only Nina’s bravery and cunning will keep her alive.
Transformed by the horrors he witnessed from Omaha Beach to the Nuremberg Trials, British war correspondent Ian Graham has become a Nazi hunter. Yet one target eludes him: a vicious predator known as the Huntress. To find her, the fierce, disciplined investigator joins forces with the only witness to escape the Huntress alive: the brazen, cocksure Nina. But a shared secret could derail their mission unless Ian and Nina force themselves to confront it.
Growing up in post-war Boston, seventeen-year-old Jordan McBride is determined to become a photographer. When her long-widowed father unexpectedly comes homes with a new fiancée, Jordan is thrilled. But there is something disconcerting about the soft-spoken German widow. Certain that danger is lurking, Jordan begins to delve into her new stepmother’s past—only to discover that there are mysteries buried deep in her family . . . secrets that may threaten all Jordan holds dear.
In this immersive, heart-wrenching story, Kate Quinn illuminates the consequences of war on individual lives, and the price we pay to seek justice and truth.

Journal Entry 2 by sing-song at Langdon, Alberta Canada on Sunday, January 19, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (1/19/2020 UTC) at Langdon, Alberta Canada

Brought to our wrapped book exchange.

Journal Entry 3 by crossingguardma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, January 20, 2020
My wrapped book present where we wrap a book, write the first sentence on the book and then we get to choose the book by the first line only. The first line that caught my attention was “She was not used to being hunted”. Thanks Sing song.