In My Own Moccasins

by Helen Knott | Biographies & Memoirs |
ISBN: 088977644X Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingPooker3wing of Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on 1/1/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingPooker3wing from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Wednesday, January 01, 2020
Helen Knott did not write this book for me. She wrote it for the women who have been abused and violated, for those "who cannot remember" or "choose not to"; who have been told or "still believe that it is all their fault" and she wrote it for herself.
There are those who, like myself, for whom the book was not written, owe it to themselves and all the women for whom it was written, to read this book. Too many of us simply do not understand the generational trauma that resulted and continues to result from colonization and residential schools. We read the texts, the newspapers, listen to documentaries, but it doesn't sink in until we see it in person and know it as truth. Helen Knott can be this person for us and her words the truth.

Journal Entry 2 by wingPooker3wing at Manitoba Legislative Building in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Sunday, July 05, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (7/5/2020 UTC) at Manitoba Legislative Building in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

I released this wonderful book at the Louis Riel Statue.

I released it as part of the Canada Days Release Challenge in celebration of Canadian books and authors. I realize that many Indigenous people cannot celebrate Canada's birthday and I understand why. At the same time, I have faith in Canada's ability to move forward toward righting past and present wrongs. And, I wanted to get this fine book (and others) traveling to other readers. This challenge has historically been my way of doing that. I hope whoever finds it appreciates it as much as I did.

To the finder of this book:
I hope you enjoy your new read.

Welcome, also, to the wonderful and wacky world of BookCrossing! Here you'll find a unique and worldwide community of book lovers sharing their books. This book is now yours! Read it, enjoy it. Keep it or pass it on to someone you know, return it to any Little Free Library or even release it into the wild. It is all up to you.

If you make a journal entry (you can do it anonymously or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this book will be notified by e-mail and can follow this book on its travels. BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your email address) and it's a whole lot of fun!