Redwall

by Brian Jacques | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wingLeishaCamdenwing of Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on 12/25/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingLeishaCamdenwing from Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Wednesday, December 25, 2019
Copied from amazon.com

When Redwall was published in 1987 it catipulted author Brian Jacques to international stardom. Ans small wonder! This enthralling tale is jam-packed with the things we long for in a great adventure: danger, laughter, hairbreath excapes, tragedy, mystery, a touch of wonder, a truly despicable villain, and a hero we can take to heart.

That hero is Matthias, a young mouse who must rise above his fears and failures to save his friends at Redwall Abbey. The villain is Cluny the Scourage, one of the most deliciously despicable rats of all time. The unforgettable cast of supporting characters includes the stalwart badger Constance, an irrepressible hare named Basil Stag Hare, and the elderly wisemouse Brother Methuselah.

But most of all there is Matthias, seeking his true destiny in a journey that will lead through danger and despair to true wisdom.

Paperback edition from Avon Fantasy.

I bought this book years and years ago, sometime in the mid-90s. Probably at Avalon in Oslo. I read it back then, don't remember much about it, but it was worth reading. Now it's going to get the chance to find a new reader.

Released 1 mo ago (1/13/2020 UTC) at Oslo Visitor Centre, Østbanehallen in Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway

On the shelf!