Peta Lyre's Rating Normal

Catch me if you Can!
by Anna Whateley | Teens |
Registered by Crazy_Cat_Kid of Cockatoo, Victoria Australia on 2/14/2021
Journal Entry 1 by Crazy_Cat_Kid from Cockatoo, Victoria Australia on Sunday, February 14, 2021
At sixteen, neurodivergent Peta Lyre is the success story of social training. That is, until she finds herself on a school ski trip - and falling in love with the new girl. Peta will need to decide which rules to keep, and which rules to break…

'I'm Peta Lyre,' I mumble. Look people in the eye if you can, at least when you greet them. I try, but it's hard when she is smiling so big, and leaning in.

Peta Lyre is far from typical. The world she lives in isn't designed for the way her mind works, but when she follows her therapist's rules for 'normal' behaviour, she can almost fit in without attracting attention.

When a new girl, Sam, starts at school, Peta's carefully structured routines start to crack. But on the school ski trip, with romance blooming and a newfound confidence, she starts to wonder if maybe she can have a normal life after all.

When things fall apart, Peta must decide whether all the old rules still matter. Does she want a life less ordinary, or should she keep her rating normal?

Journal Entry 2 by Crazy_Cat_Kid at McDonald's Book Exchange Shelf in Nunawading, Victoria Australia on Wednesday, March 03, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (3/4/2021 UTC) at McDonald's Book Exchange Shelf in Nunawading, Victoria Australia

To the finder of this book:

Please journal that you’ve found me, read and re-release. I’d love to follow the book’s journey. Bookcrossing is free & fun and let’s face it, not much is these days! :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingmarmee463wing at Nunawading, Victoria Australia on Thursday, March 04, 2021
Caught today.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmarmee463wing at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Saturday, April 17, 2021
Occasionally a book lands in ones hands that hits all the right notes at just the right time, for me, this is one of those books. It's a beautifully written story that gives the reader an insight into the life of someone making their way in the world while living with Autism Spectrum Disorder. The story is relatable, realistic, full of believable characters, relationships and situations. The reader travels along with Peta as she learns how to find a place in the world when it is so complicated and confusing. I am close to such a person and have witnessed first hand the strength and determination needed.
Highly recommended.