The Tiger and the Acrobat

Yours always
by Susanna Tamaro | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 3/12/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, March 12, 2020
I got this softcover from Better World Books, for an upcoming circus-themed release challenge. It's a beautifully illustrated fable about a young Siberian tiger ("Little Tiger was not Shere Khan...") who ventures into the world of humans, where she meets several who are pivotal in her life. I was a bit disappointed that the acrobat of the title only appeared in a few pages; the tiger wound up in a circus, forced to jump through hoops of fire, and admired the little acrobat's high-flying gymnastics. The acrobat sets her free, and she leaves him behind...

The tone is dreamlike and the story allegorical, sometimes harsh or tragic but more often detached and philosophical. The conclusion reminded me a lot of the final act in C. S. Lewis' "Narnia" series...

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Roby Park in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, August 05, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (8/5/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library, Roby Park in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library near the playground; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2020 Trip to the Circus challenge. ***