Scheherazade's Cat

He spent his time reading
by Amy Zerner, Jessie Spicer Zerner | Children's Books | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 1/21/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, January 21, 2020
I got this slim hardcover at a local Savers thrift shop. It contains a number of myths and fairytales from around the world, re-told and handsomely illustrated, including the title story in which a cat helps Scheherazade get the idea for the nightly stories that will eventually save her life. Tales from Peru, South Africa, Hawaii, China, Zaire, and more - and while some of the stories were familiar to me from other sources, I generally enjoyed the variations and reimaginings here.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Centennial Pool in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, September 24, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (9/24/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library, Centennial Pool in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2020 You're Such an Animal challenge. ***