Life of Pi

by Yann Martel | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 184195392X Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingResQgeekwing of Alexandria, Virginia USA on 12/9/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingResQgeekwing from Alexandria, Virginia USA on Monday, December 9, 2019
From a batch of books a co-worker gave me to register and release.

Journal Entry 2 by wingResQgeekwing at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Wednesday, May 15, 2024
Having watched the movie adaptation of this book several years ago, I had an idea of what to expect. But, as is so often the case, the movie didn't really do justice to the story. As impressive as the movie, with its special effects, was, it almost completely missed the philosophical discussions that are the framework upon which this story hangs. Pi's exploration of religion in the early parts of the book show us his curiosity and the vastness of his imagination, which are both fundamental to the rest of the story. Pi doesn't just survive, but explores the meaning of survival. And in doing so, he finds some form of meaning in life, in existence. The ending leaves the reader with an stark ambiguity, where we have to decide which version of events we want to believe. In making that choice, we each must contemplate the brutal realities involved in surviving such an ordeal. Luckily for most people, they will never face such a challenge, and thus won't need to find out how they would react.

Journal Entry 3 by wingResQgeekwing at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Sunday, June 16, 2024

Released 3 wks ago (6/16/2024 UTC) at Alexandria, Virginia USA

This book will be available at today's BC-in-DC meeting.

======================

DEAR FINDER,

I hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 4 by wingSqNutZipswing at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Monday, June 17, 2024
Picked from the book buffet at the BCinDC June meet-up to travel elsewhere.

Journal Entry 5 by wingSqNutZipswing at LFL - N. Bailey Rd. #77253 in Coral, Michigan USA on Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Released 2 wks ago (6/25/2024 UTC) at LFL - N. Bailey Rd. #77253 in Coral, Michigan USA

Released to the LFL outside of the Branding Iron Cafe

To the person who finds this book.....
Keep it or release it, read it or not, but please make a journal entry to let me know it's been found. Keep it, pass it on to a friend or release it into the wild.... let the journey continue.....

If you are new to BookCrossing, welcome! You can remain anonymous or join BookCrossing. It's free, spam free and advertisement free and it's also loads of fun.

By joining BookCrossing you can keep track of where the book has been and where it's going.