The Kept Woman and Other Stories

by Kamala Das | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingPeoniowing of Porvoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 12/7/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingPeoniowing from Porvoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, December 7, 2019
" "I feel a woman is most attractive when she surrenders to her man. She is incomplete without a man,” averred Kamala Das shortly before her death in May, 2009. One of the most controversial and celebrated Indian authors, she combined in her writings rare honesty and sensitivity, provocation and poignancy. The Kept Woman and Other Stories explores the man-woman relationship in all its dimensions. Deprived, depraved, mysterious, mystical and exalted, each character, culled from experience and observation, is an incisive study of love, lust and longing.

The last collection of writings that Kamala Das compiled herself before her death, The Kept Woman and Other Stories is a moving and compelling read."

Om Books International

Journal Entry 2 by wingPeoniowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, February 22, 2020

Released 1 yr ago (2/22/2020 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

To meet-up in Helsinki this afternoon.

Journal Entry 3 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, February 22, 2020
I've never been a kept woman, the book is slim - which I am not either - and the writer is called Kamala ("awful" in Finnish), so the book will be given a chance.

Journal Entry 4 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, July 8, 2020
Tried two chapters and that is enough Kamala for me.

Released 1 yr ago (7/8/2020 UTC) at -- Kalasataman Vapaakaupungin Olohuone REDIssä in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Left in the living room shelf of Redi today.

Journal Entry 6 by wingsakirmowing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Sunday, August 9, 2020
Took this home from Redi yesterday. The author is free to surrender to her man and feel incomplete without one, of course, but that alone tells me there's no reason to give this book a chance. It does get a chance to travel a bit, though.

Journal Entry 7 by wingsakirmowing at Sokos Hotel Flamingo in Vantaa, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, November 29, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (11/29/2021 UTC) at Sokos Hotel Flamingo in Vantaa, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Well, she got to travel all the way to Gran Canaria and back, forgotten in the depths of my backpack... but she'll stay in Vantaa for the time being.

Congratulations, you found a travelling book! Enjoy and later leave it for other people to find. Feel also free to come back here to let us all know what you thought of the book and where you left it :)

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...